|Fireside Lodge provides a wide range of wellness, rehabilitation, and therapy services. Our rehabilitation team strives to design an individualized treatment program aimed specifically to each resident’s goals in returning to a normal lifestyle. These programs are personalized so that patients achieve their highest level of independence. We combine physical, occupational, speech, and alternative therapies with fitness programs as well as health and wellness education to promote functional independence and holistic wellness. The Fireside Lodge rehabilitation services include:
- Physical Therapy – the primary goal in physical therapy is to assist the patients in achieving their highest functional level of independence to return back to their normal ways of life. Physical therapy also helps in preventing further decline of the individual’s ability to participate in activities associated with daily living. The team even provides a unique and thorough mock home setup with each patient to ensure positive outcomes. The physical therapy team works toward specified goals with each patient, including increasing strength in the body and extremities of a person who has been seriously ill, improving motor control in a person who has had a stroke, or improving balance and the ability to walk following a fractured leg. The physical therapy team also addresses pain reduction, teaches proper body mechanics to prevent injury, and promotes safety awareness—all for the wellbeing of the individual.
- Occupational Therapy – Your physician may order occupational therapy during your stay to evaluate and provide treatment for the skills necessary for independent living. These areas include: grooming and hygiene, eating skills, homemaking, money management, upper body strengthening, fine motor coordination, thinking skills, visual perceptual abilities, and community reintegration. If needed, you will learn how to use prosthetic and/or adaptive equipment to assist in work and leisure activities. Carefully prescribed and supervised activities will facilitate your return to your highest functional level.
- Speech/Language Pathology – A Speech/Language Pathologist may work with you if you have any type of communication problem as a result of your illness or accident. These may include problems with speaking, listening, thinking, reading and writing, problem solving, sequencing, and organizing your thoughts. The Speech/Language Pathologist is also trained to evaluate and develop treatment plans in the area of cognitive retraining for persons having difficulty with attention, orientation, memory, problem solving, sequencing, time and money management, and other cognitive concerns. If you are having difficulty chewing or swallowing foods and liquids, the Speech/Language Pathologist will evaluate and develop a dysphasia (swallowing) management program to improve or manage your swallowing skills.
- Fireside Lodge Restorative Services – Fireside Lodge Restorative Services provides short- and long-term assistance to people who need more support than found in our traditional personal care setting. Whether recovering from an injury, surgery, or living with a chronic condition, Fireside Lodge Restorative embraces the life-affirming philosophy of focusing on individual abilities and encouraging the awakening of skills and talents. With achievable goals in mind, it is our mission to improve and preserve a resident’s independence through a customized plan that may include:
- Physical, Occupational and/or Speech Therapy
- Fitness programs to improve strength, balance, and flexibility
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Dining services to aid in overall nutrition
- Specialized approaches to accomplish daily tasks
All our therapeutic activities focus on energizing and strengthening residents to improve their performance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, walking and more. As an important part of the therapy process, our team is here to assist and celebrate every achievement.